Can chronic vaginal discharge be cured?

Most women have a white vaginal discharge that is quite normal, but changes in the color, consistency, and odor of the discharge are signs that something is amiss. Chronic vaginal discharge is often linked to vaginitis, but can it be cured. Let’s find out.

What’s causing that vaginal discharge?
Chronic vaginal discharge is often accompanied by itching, irritation, odor and/or burning. These symptoms can be caused by several factors including a yeast infection, bacterial infection, altered vaginal micro-flora patterns or possibly a sexually transmitted disease.

In order to treat the discharge effectively, an accurate diagnosis must first be made. If you have had the relevant tests done, and all these causes have been ruled out, you may need help from the experts in vaginal health at Fowler Gyn International (FGI). Founded by Dr. R. Stuart Fowler, a board certified gynecologist who was a vulvovaginal specialist at Mayo Clinic for over 20 years.

Can it be cured?
At FGI a clear diagnosis is the first step towards curing chronic vaginal discharge. A vaginal fluid analysis (VFA) test is done to identify the underlying cause of the problem. This type of advanced diagnostic testing is needed in cases where the condition has not responded to traditional treatments, or has not been adequately evaluated. Dr. Fowler is one of the few gynecologists in the country that has a CLIA Certified Laborotory at his office.

These troublesome cases are often due to altered vaginal microflora patterns. A healthy vagina is comprised of a specific mix of bacteria. If it is thrown out-of-balance for any reason, it can result in the symptoms often seen in cases of chronic vaginal discharge. If the problem is due to a shift in the microflora, we use vaginal rejuvenate therapy to restore the normal microflora pattern.

If you are suffering with chronic vaginal discharge that has not been effectively treated after 4 months, contact FGI, Phoenix, AZ, for help. You can request a free pre-registration call by completing our online form, or you can call (480) 420-4001.

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest